The Federal Government of Nigeria has released a fresh 11 laws for the fight against the coronavirus pandemic in Nigeria. These new rules and regulations take effect from Tuesday, 2nd June 2020 for the COVID-19 combat and to further stop the spread of the virus.
The following are the new rules as outlined by the FGN on Monday for COVID-19 Combat
1. Nationwide curfew remains in place, the timing now 10pm — 4am.
2. The full opening of financial sectors – normal working hours
3. Restricted opening of places of worship, (regular church & mosque services ONLY), to be based on State Government protocols.
4. Interstate travel remains prohibited except for goods &essential travel
5. Gathering of 20 persons remains prohibited; outside of workplaces + religious services
6. Aviation Industry requested to start developing protocols for domestic flights to possibly resume from June 21
7. Hotels may re-open
8. Restaurants outside of hotels must remain closed for eat-in—TAKEOUT ONLY
9. Bars, gyms, cinemas, nightclubs, parks closed until further evaluation
10. All schools to remain closed until further evaluation
11. Offices maintain 2m physical distancing + 75% max capacity
All guidelines as issued by #PTFCOVID19.
Guidelines to be implemented/ enforced by State Governments
All permitted openings (hotels, religious services etc) to maintain non-pharmaceutical interventions (masks, sanitizers/handwashing, 2m distancing, capacity limits).