Hon. Benjamin Adeyemi Olabinjo has applauded the Executive Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Governor Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu has he briefed Lagosians on the ways to go on the relaxed lockdown order of President Muhammadu Buhari during the national broadcast on Monday.
In his brief, Mr. Babajide Sanwoolu listed 12 rules and regulations to protect Lagosians from the likely spike of the spread owning to the new dimension of the lockdown considering the peculiarity of Lagos and his people.
Hon. Benjamin Adeyemi Olabinjo (BAO) former council boss in Ojokoro Local Council Development Area and a very big All Progressive Congress (APC) member in Ifako-Ijaiye has applauded the very swift and proactive measures to curb the communal spread of the virus in the state being the epic centre of the pandemic.
“I never expected less from the most brilliant Governor and the best governor in the fight against the virus so far. I knew the Governor to be a very proactive person and that we are seeing in these sets of twelve rules which will further save us from this pandemic in Lagos”, he said.
” Let me use this opportunity again to congratulate Mr. Governor for the success recorded so far in Lagos and in Nigeria as a whole because he has been at the mainstream in the fight against the pandemic”.
“Lagos is the pandemic centre due to our proximity to all international port of entry. This is why the state is recording the numbers we are and you can see my Mr. Governor make substantial progress with another 49 recovered cases made today”, Olabinjo said.
READ ALSO: OLABINJO DISTRIBUTES PALLIATIVE PACKAGE TO IFAKO-IJAIYE RESIDENTS, CALLS OTHERS TO DO SAME
“We are winning and this victory has come to stay and Nigeria shall be free again”, BAO concluded.
Governor has then released the state’s twelve commandments for the combat against the pandemic as follows.
1. All places of worship remain closed until further notice.
2. Eateries and restaurants to open between 9am-3pm and are to do only takeout. No eat in. Also, 9am – 3pm only! Take note! Must wear gloves and masks.
3. Public transport. All commuters to wear masks and gloves. Handwashing equipment and thermometers must be provided. Buses to load 60% capacity. No standing. All air conditioners off! All commercial bikes suspended! Tricycles 2 passengers only.
4.Controlled easing phase for all businesses. Banks and companies are as follows. All staff will work between 9am and 3pm. Maximum of 60% capacity on ground. Others to work from home.
5. All schools remain closed! Teach online!
6. Whistleblower Channels to be introduced for anyone who flaunts the directives
7. All beaches, clubs, gyms, salon, cinemas, swimming pool remains closed!
8. Markets to open on designated days between 9am – 3pm
9. 50% elevator capacity only
10. Funerals are permitted. Only 20 people permitted and that includes the officiating ministers. No party to follow it.
11. Curfew remains in place as directed by the President, 8pm to 6am.
12.Banks to operate from 8am – 2pm
Review of compliance to be done again in 2 weeks!
They are to be effective from 4th of May, 2020.