Governance, Hot News

NPOWER: Over 1million graduates, non-graduates applied within 48hr – FG

NPOWER: Over 1million graduates, non-graduates applied in less than 48hr - FG

Over 1million applicants have applied for the ongoing third batch of the N-Power programme of the Federal Government of Nigeria. The programme which came into existence in 2016 under the National Social Investment Programme by President Muhammadu Buhari’s led administration which is a way to lift citizens out of poverty through capacity building, investment and direct support.

See Also: N-POWER: New registration begins – see registration link

The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development (ministry in charge)  told newsmen that over 1million applications from graduates and non-graduates have been received from across the federation in less than 48 hours that it opened the N-Power portal for Batch C registration.

The Batch A and B according to the ministry will be relieved of their duties in the month of June and July respectively having completed the two years volunteering scheme to give room for the fresh intakes.

The Ministry’s Deputy Director, Information, Rhoda Iliya on Sunday confirmed the rate at which Nigerians are registering for the scheme and saying that it has really shown that the youths are in dear need of a job.

Read Also: Wrong usage of nose mask attracts 10,000 fine

“The number of applications ( over 1million ) so far received is an indication of the number of our youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.

Speaking on the focus of the ministry on the Batch C intake. She made known the scheme will not only focus on the graduates this time but all and sundry as the government is really working very hard to see the agricultural sector of the nation bounced back among other plans of the government.

“The Ministry wishes to reiterate that all young Nigerians between the ages of 18-35 with or without formal education can apply for a slot in the new program which would be very focused on agriculture”.

Read Also: COVID-19: We may lockdown again – Govt

Iliya said youths with no formal education could send in applications for a new aspect of the programme with a focus on agriculture. Noting that the programme will continue to be free and fair in every aspect and most importantly, the area of selecting beneficiaries as the public will be carried along in every stage.

“The Ministry will continue to collaborate with its technical partners to provide timely support to all applicants. The selection process would be fair and transparent and the public would also be carried along at every stage,” she said.

GOVTOROS

Related Post