Ojokoro Local Council Development Area (LCDA) based Eniola Olaleye has been rated the best data analyst in Africa. This is coming after he came the best among his pairs across Africa at a world-class programmers competition organized in Africa.
Eniola a self-Taught Programmer is a student of University of Lagos major in Artificial Intelligence and minor in Industrial Engineering is a software engineer. According to reports, he has 3 years experience in the field of artificial intelligence, specializing in Machine Learning and Data Science with proficiency in Python.
While speaking with newsmen, he said he has always been involved in solving real-world problems across the globe and the Kaggle – AXA Mansard Insurethon claims challenge is not an exception where he came first place in Africa.
“I participate actively in Data Science Competitions (Kaggle, Zindi etc.) to solve real-world problems and expand my skill sets. The outcome of some of the global competitions has helped me to do more and set to solve real-world problems”, he said.
Other awards he has in the kitty are as follows:
• 1st Position on Kaggle – AXA Mansard Insurethon claims challenge
• 1st Position in Zindi challenge – CMU Africa Data Science Club Challenge #1: Computer Vision for Image Classification
• 2nd Position in the Zindi challenge – Mtoto News Childline Kenya Call Volume Prediction Challenge
• 3rd Position Zindi challenge – Busara mental health Prediction Challenge
• 3rd Position in the Zindi challenge – forecast how many calls will be received by Kenya Childline for each hour each day
• Ranked number 6 on Zindi with a global pool of over 10000 Data Scientists
Eniola has said he will continue to study and research more so as to solve real problems affecting Nigeria using technology if given the chance.